Falafel King was founded in 1980. From our flagship store on Boulder’s Pearl Street Mall to a Denver location on Colorado BLVD. Our food is also available in finer grocery stores and health food stores throughout the Front Range.
Falafel King was a pioneer in the movement toward healthier, organic foods. We use only the freshest ingredients—from vegetables to meats to seasonings. Our pledge to every customer is the most delicious, healthy and satisfying dining experience possible.
Mediterranean food is remarkably diverse. It includes fresh garden vegetables, delicately seasoned salads, smooth bean pastes, fried mixtures, and savory slow-roasted meats. The list goes on and on, and the flavorful combinations are virtually endless. Below is a list of common Mediterranean foods. If you’d like to sample something new, just ask a server at any of our restaurants!
- Falafel — Garbanzo beans, fresh vegetables and spices, ground and fried with tahini sauce
- Gyros — Roasted lamb and beef
- Shawarma — Roasted turkey and lamb
- Hummus — Garbanzo beans puréed with sesame, garlic and lemon
- Tabouli — Ground bulgur salad with vegetables and seasonings
- Baba Gannoush — Eggplant puréed with sesame, tahini, olive oil, lemon and garlic
- Dolmas — Grape leaves stuffed with seasoned rice
- Greek Salad — Fresh mixed, feta cheese and pita
- Baklava — Layers of phyllo dough with nuts and honey